Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Centering Prayer in Grenada


Dear church family and friends,

Last week I learned Rev. Tom Ward is leading a Centering Prayer Introductory Workshop in Grenada on the same day as our workshop here on April 14th. Rev. Ward is the Episcopal minister who led the 8-day centering prayer retreat I attended in January.

I talked to Rev. Lynn Baker, minister of All Saints Episcopal Church in Grenada, which is the host church of Rev. Ward's workshop. She would be delighted to have us join them.

Therefore, I encourage you to attend the centering prayer workshop in Grenada on April 14th from 9:00 A.M. until 3:00 P.M. The cost is only $15 for the workshop and a light lunch at All Saints Church. If there is enough interest, I will drive the church van to All Saints in Grenada, leaving at 8 AM on Saturday, April 14. Let me know by Wednesday, April 11, if you want to ride with me. I am looking forward to meeting new friends in Grenada on April 14th.

Take advantage of this terrific opportunity to be introduced to centering prayer by Rev. Tom Ward, a leader in the worldwide contemplative outreach ministry. In fact, Tom serves on the board of directors of Contemplative Outreach.

Centering prayer has made a real difference in my quality of life: Physical, spiritual, emotional and mental. I highly recommend it to you and to anyone else who is interested. This spritual discipline has transformed my life. Most of the people who practice centering prayer are lay people such as you. That is why I am so excited about this workshop and your opportunity to participate in it. Call me if you have questions.

Peace,

Dr. Jon Burnham, Pastor

No comments: