Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Thank You From Jon Burnham

Dear church family and friends of the church,

Thank you for the lovely reception last Sunday in honor of my family and me. As I looked around the room at the familiar faces of the large crowd of gathered folks, I thought to myself, "Wow, the stories I could tell." I especially appreciate the effort put into organizing the reception by Billie Garner, Claire Sanders and Mary Tom Vance.

The love offering you gave us was an incredible display of your affection and respect for the work we have done in your midst. That money will be well spent in setting up our house in Houston. Thank you for this last display of your generosity to us which has been so evident to us from the day when we arrived here 8 years ago.

We will be in Houston on Wednesday and Thursday looking for a house. Then I will be away at a centering prayer retreat north of New Orleans from July 20-27. After that, we will be back in Batesville preparing for the move to Houston. I will begin work at St. John's on August 15.

Please keep us in your prayers as we make the move to Houston, as I begin a new ministry, and as the kids start school there. We already know they will be in an excellent public school located 5 minutes from the church.

Our time here has been incredibly rich. For that, I am deeply grateful to each of you. I invite you to keep in touch. My email address shall remain burjon@gmail.com. You can phone me at (713) 965-6712. Keep in touch.

Peace,
Jon B.

No comments: