Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Letter of Resignation from Church Secretary, Marilyn Elliott

November 21, 2006



To: Jon, Members of the Session, and Batesville Presbyterian Congregation,

This is perhaps one of the hardest letters I have ever written because it is to inform you of my decision to resign as Secretary of Batesville Presbyterian Church effective Friday, December 8, 2006.

While recuperating at home last week from surgery, I received a phone call asking me to consider applying for a job at First Baptist Church in Greenwood. I met with the Personnel Committee and Pastor on Monday of this week and I have decided to accept the position of Pastor’s Secretary/Financial Secretary.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my work here and I appreciate having had the opportunity to work with all of you. Thank you for the support, guidance, and encouragement you have provided me during my time at Batesville Presbyterian Church. I have made so many friends and I have come to love all of you. I can truthfully say that my leaving feels as though I am leaving family. And that is a good thing! You have been a blessing to me and my family. I pray that I have served this congregation and our Lord Jesus in a pleasing and honorable way.

So, while I look forward to this new challenge that has come my way, I will miss all of you very much. Please remember me in your prayers as I begin to serve the Lord in His work at First Baptist Church in Greenwood.

Thanks again for every good and kind thing you have done for me, but thanks most of all for the friendships I have made and the memories I will take with me!


In Christian love,



Marilyn Elliott

No comments: