Wednesday, October 03, 2007

A Note From Pastor Karen

Thank you very much for the kind welcome to Batesville and the Batesville Presbyterian Church. The last few days have been full ones.

Meeting and greeting everyone at church on Sunday was a real treat for me. Sitting in the sanctuary, listening to David Honnoll sing his sermon, and having the Pittman family lead worship at the eleven o’clock service further assured me of the deep faith and God-given talent in this church.

On Tuesday, Paulette Norman, Brad Clark and I traveled to Starkville for the October meeting of St. Andrew Presbytery. Our Session minute book was read and approved; I was “examined” and approved, too. Friends in Christ, we are on our way!

I look forward to meeting all of you and promise to learn your names, and to the best of my ability, share the good news of Jesus Christ with you all.

No comments: